Tuesday 15 September 2015

Spring has SPRUNG

I love Sydney in the spring. The trees turn green, the flowers are in bloom, the chill is out of the air.


I took Liv for a walk today with the Mr Rogers theme playing in my head..."It's a beautiful day in the neighbourhood, a beautiful day for a neighbour, would you be my, could you be my, won't you be my neighbour?" 


I love our neighbourhood: we're inner city, but you'd never know it by how quiet our streets are. During the day, there's always a mum out pushing her pram, or a grandparent trailing behind a toddler on his trike. I love taking Liv for breakfast at the cafe up the road, where the retirees enjoy tea and scones and old men in hats hold doors open for me and the Bugaboo. After the local school lets out, the footpaths are clogged with bikes & scooters as kids race home. As the weather warms up, they are more likely to be headed to the park to kick a ball around or fly on the swings.


Today as I walked past the playground, I couldn't help but giggle at the little boys who had dragged their backyard furniture down to the park to chill. And I'm not talking foldout chairs, oh no, they'd brought down the big heavy plastic set. Adorable. Ten points for industriousness, boys!


What a beautiful afternoon. The warm breeze rustled through the eucalypt trees, the scent of wattle hung in the air...as well as a blossom that vividly reminded me of my grandparent's garden...and also strawberry Hubba Bubba? Blue skies and chubby baby thighs.

Yeah. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment