Thursday 17 September 2015

mamamedia recaps :: Episode 10 of The Bachelor Australia

The newbies ruffle feathers and Heather goes on the sweetest date of all. HEATHER FOR THE WIN!

It's the morning after the night before, and the girls are trying to get to know New Girls Lana & Rachel. Their questions are harmless enough, but Rachel takes umbrage with the interrogation, retorting with "I mean, I've just met you, I need to get more comfortable and then I'll start telling you stuff." Fair enough, I s'pose.

Osher then enters with not one, but TWO golden envelopes. You can sense a bit of tension amongst the original girls when it becomes apparent that the new girls may be about to receive a single date each. The first envelope contains a single date invitation, hinting that "this could be the sweetest day of all." But sorry newbs, the lucky lady heading off for a sweet time is the lovely Heather. YESSS.


The assumption is that the second envelope contains a group invite, but instead, it reads thusly: "Everyone, Meet me in the garden now - Osher." Well, this is new. As the girls enter the garden, they find Sam waiting with Osh, who tells them that, rather than Sam organising the date like usual (...sure he does) this week's group date has been planned by Osher (...sure it is) and is designed to see if their attraction "goes beyond the visual." Intriguing...

The group - consisting of Sam, Ebru, Rachel, Nina, Snezana and Lana - arrives at the Pullman Quay Grand Hotel where they are instructed to don blindfolds. Well, this is taking a kinky turn. Oh, nope, they're just walking into a dark room. Yawn. Wake me when someone breaks out the ropes.

The aforementioned dark room contains a table laid out with a Chinese banquet for the group to enjoy...in the pitch darkness. Fun! Attempting to navigate a table loaded with platters of food and glasses of wine goes about as well as you can imagine...

That's a lap full of Chardonnay right there...

I have to say, my favourite part of the date was the mini-date that Nina & Snez appeared to be on. If I ever have to clumsily eat a meal in a darkened room, I want these two at my table.


Meanwhile, Sam & Lana are feeding each other. This is supposed to be cute, I guess, but I'm sitting here like, "get your own damn noodles!"


Nina weighs in on this new possible pair: "Lana was certainly extremely confident with Sam on this date...I think if it starts getting to the point where she's stepping on other people's toes it may cause a bit of an issue." ...Umm. How, exactly? I know you were there first Neens, but at the end of the day you have no greater claim over Sam than anyone else. The man is not property and you have not planted your flag on him.

Oh look, we have someone willing to step up as Eyeroll Queen in the wake of Emily's departure! Someone is not loving that their lunch is being served with a side of Shriek, courtesy of Ebru, Nina & Snez. "I don't really think that it's a turn-on for girls to be loud and obnoxious at the dinner table." Oooh. Good thing you're not having to date these girls then, hey Rach!


SAMTHER TIME! Oh, how I wish these two had names that fit together better...oh well. Can I just jump in by drawing your attention to how stunning this woman is?


Today's single date begins with the lovely Heather awaiting her prince on the side of a road. I wonder what she will be picked up in?

ICE CREAM TRUCK. YES.

But it's not just a joyride in a Mr Whippy van for dear Heather, oh no. They enter Miramare Gardens (sidenote: my friend had her wedding here, it's pretty gorgeous. There's a tip for you, any Sydneyside wedding-planning readers!) and Sam introduces Heather to her very own "Alice in Wonderland moment." I see what you're getting at Sammy Boy, but my mind goes to Wonka's garden before Wonderland. Also, OH MY GOD I CAN FEEL MY BLOOD SUGAR RISING JUST LOOKING AT THIS TABLE.


Seriously, just LOOK AT IT! Needless to say, Heather is impressed: "There's like twelve different kinds of dirt! TWELVE DIFFERENT KINDS OF DIRT IS MY FAVOURITE!"


And then there's this bit of cuteness: "Sam's the kind of guy that makes me feel like I deserve more...I promised myself that if I was going to do this, that I would be completely open and completely honest every step of the way and I can honestly say right now that from the word go, the day that I met Sam, I knew he was someone that I would be able to fall in love with."


"...I just said that. Just need a minute!"


After gorging themselves, Sam & Heather retreat to the lounge for a wine and Heather admits that he's the first guy she feels like she doesn't need to censor herself for. This seems to shock Sam a bit, but I get it - B's the only person who I've ever felt comfortable with seeing all my crazy. Heather then admits that Sam's the first man to make her feel like she's worth a lot of effort...and this makes me a bit sad. You're totally worth it dude! Sam seems to agree, as he gives her a rose. YAY!

Cocktail hour! And New Girl Rachel is still making waves amongst the group, after refusing to make any particular effort to make friends. She then makes this proclamation: "If you overstep your mark, I'll pull you up on it. Until that happens, I'll let you get away with it, but later on when you might need me, I might not be there." Unsure as to what she might be alluding to here, since this isn't a game of strategy where you can be of any benefit to a competitor, but anyway. You do you, Rach.

Heather then bounds into the room, ostensibly returning from her single date, saying "I can't tell if I was excited because I'd seen Sam, excited about seeing the girls again, or if I was on a massive sugar high...One of the three, but I was pumped about life."

Whether it was to get away from the new girls, or at the prompting of a producer, Ebru then tells Heather that she'd "love to get you in the other room to hear more details!" When the original girls all rise to leave, Heather extends the invite to Lana & Rachel, but they choose to take a walk on their own. Ooooh. Well, put yourself in their shoes, I'd probably do the same.

Rose ceremony time! And first to receive a rose is Lana, which just gives Nina another opportunity to complain about how unfair this is to the original girls. In the end, it comes down to Old VS New, as Ebru and Rachel are the last two standing. Sadly for the Turkish Delight, Rachel receives the final rose.
 

NEXT TIME: It's time for the Mum Test, as the girls help out on a kiddie training session. Plus, the MOST CONTROVERSIAL ROSE CEREMONY YET. Umm, I'm sorry, but nothing will top the Great Emily Walk Out of 2015.

The Bachelor Australia airs Wednesday & Thursday nights from 7:30pm on Channel Ten. Missed an episode? Catch up here:
Episode 1 - We meet all of the Bachelorettes at the first cocktail party; drama ensues
Episode 2 - Sarah's single date & photoshoot group date; drama ensues
Episode 3 - Maddie & Snezana's single dates
Episode 4 - Heather plays the White Rose, the girls hit the beach, & a cocktail party pash; drama ensues
Episode 5 - A world record breaking kiss, bubble soccer & Sandra at her Shitstorm best
Episode 6 - The Groundhog Date ROYALLY blows up in Sam's pretty little face. AND RIGHTLY SO.
Episode 7 - Emily's single date, and a sneaky pash on the group date
Episode 8 - Go-kart group date, Snez gets a 2nd single date, and EMILY V NINA heats up
Episode 9 - HURRICANE EMILY HITS BACH MANOR. OH YES DRAMA ENSUES

No comments:

Post a Comment