Friday 23 October 2015

A (not really) Final Word on The Bachelorette Australia

Congratulations, Sam and Sasha!!!

Sam's True Love
Source: Tenplay

Last night saw the conclusion of the first season of The Bachelorette Australia and in an ending that surprised absolutely none of us - particularly not after the Daily Mail's spoilsport moment - Sam Frost finally declared her love for Sasha Mielczarek. ABOUT TIME SAM I'VE ONLY BEEN WAITING FIVE WEEKS FOR THIS.

As I type this, it's 1:30 in the morning, my husband has passed out on the couch, I'm drinking Pepsi straight out of a 1.25L bottle and I'm watching the finale for the fifth time since last night. In short, it's a raging Friday night at mamamedia manor.

In all seriousness though, it was the most heartfelt, beautiful moment I think I've ever witnessed on a TV program. Sam jigging on the spot as she struggles to hold it together in front of Sash? Sasha whispering "Really?" after Sam tells him that she loves him - an echo of Sam's response to his L-bomb earlier - then pulling her in for one of their most passionate kisses yet? How could you not tear up at that?

The Bachelorette: The Final Moment

But the clincher was this line from the barely-keeping-it-under-control Sam: "I never could understand why I had been hurt so much and I never could understand why my relationships weren't working out...and then I met you. And I realised that I've been waiting my whole life to meet you." Oh God. Been there. As the kids say, RIGHT IN DEM FEELS.

I enjoyed The Bachelorette so much more than I was expecting to, and that enjoyment is pretty much entirely down to the chemistry between Sasha & Sam. From the first episode, I was completely invested in their relationship and needed to see it through to the end. Because of this, I do really want to finish up the rest of the season's recaps - some are half completed in my Draft folder, give me a break I've been sick - but I'll see how I go. (I'll be honest guys: it's been a shit couple of weeks, health/technology wise. To quote Zap Brannigan from Futurama, the spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised. ...of course, he wasn't so much sick as he was oversexed, but anyway. It was the first thing that came to mind. Anyway. Where were we?)

Since it's now all of a sudden 3:00 in the morning - time flies when you fall into a Sam&Sash interview wormhole - and I'll have a tiny human demanding my attention in about 4 hours, I should probably head up to bed. I'll finish with sincere congratulations once again to the happy couple - May you enjoy a long and happy life together, full of health, wealth and happiness. And children, because let's face it, your kids will be BABES.

Sam's True Love
Source: Tenplay

No comments:

Post a Comment