Monday 29 June 2015

BETTER LATE THAN NEVER :: Highlights from Episode 9 of Real Housewives Of Melbourne

GAH I KNOW, IT'S COMICAL HOW LATE THESE ARE NOW BEING POSTED. I'm rolling with it though. I'm a stubborn so-and-so and am determined to see the season through!

:: "Jackie has definitely had a recent obsession with saying couture. Everything's couture. I don't know why she keeps saying it." Ben Gillies, we're all with you on that one. 

:: And now it's time for Lydia to unveil her masterpiece of a newly renovated home. I have to say, she - or more likely, the crew of contractors that would have put it together - has done a beautiful job. I am majorly coveting the oversize ornate mirror and leather chairs in her sitting room...although the height of her book stacks basically says "these books will never be read again."

GET IN MY HOUSE ALREADY.

:: "Taken out of contents." - Oh Gamble. Dear, sweet, Gamble. It's "context" honey.

:: I do wish they hadn't set up the Gamble-Pig Boy Carlos confrontation (because we know the producers had a hand in this) at the launch of Janet & Jake's tea range. Obviously, it was a plot point that needed to happen, but surely there were more appropriate events at which it could have occurred than at the launch for a charity product inspired by a young man's tragedy. As for Carlos: I can't stand people who run their mouths but then don't have the balls to back themselves when called on it. Stop trying to weasel your way out of it dude, just give them a straight answer and they'll leave you alone. All this hemming and hawwing just makes you look like you've made it all up. Also, have I mentioned how played out this damn storyline is? I mean...God. Move on already.

That'll do, Pig Boy. That'll do.

::  "Pettifleur loves the word stupid, she calls everybody stupid. Well...takes one to know one." - Gina Liano, criminal barrister. That is all.

:: "I'm the Imelda Marcos of Melbourne!" - So you also were married to a corrupt president and financed a lavish lifestyle with millions of dollars of public funds? What a plot twist!

:: "Whether she has the expertise to run a business, we'll see." - Lydia questioning Gina's business nous. Lydia, who thinks "seventy-oneth" is a thing, questioning barrister Gina, who has worked in the fashion industry with her sisters as far back as 1985. Yeah, I'm sure Gina is the novice here. Totally.

:: Oh hai there, shiny new Tempest. Quick thought: I'm not sure that it's the best idea to be drinking champagne when you've just undergone surgery...Putting aside issues with the effects drinking whilst taking pain medication, alcohol exacerbates swelling and bruising...anyway, each to their own. For all I know, it was sparkling apple juice. You do you, ladies.

This is where $50,000 worth of surgery gets you, BTdubs.

:: A verbatim quote from Janet: "I didn't care if she named a shoe after me, but I wanted a good shoe! I don't want an ugly shoe, why do I always get the nana shoe? I don't wear those shoes, that's not my shoe, I don't want that shoe." - THE WORD SHOE HAS LOST ALL MEANING.

In case you were wondering what these supposedly godawful "nana" shoes looked like...yes, my grandmother gets around in wheels JUST like these!

:: "I'm going to name our bowel cleansing tea 'Gina'." - Janet's comeback to the shoe debacle. Nice one, Roach!

:: A final word on this shoe name fiasco: I've had a quick look at Gina's website, and it appears that a few of the names have indeed been changed. The Janet and Lydia shoes are still available, but there is no Gamble or Jackie, Chyka has been changed to Cheeky as requested, and Pettifleur is now Petite Fleur. And in what I assume is a nod to this season, there is also a Barbie heel. Nice one Liano.

:: Finally, I would just like to point out how SMOKING Jackie looked at her garden party. It might just be the best she's ever looked, she should do the Vargas girl thing more often. Mr Gillies is a lucky man.

Va va VOOM.

NEXT TIME: TeensyBlossom's book is finally dropping and of course, drama ensues at the launch party. Speaking of drama and parties, it's time for Gamble's hens night and OMGWHATASHOCK the rumours are back. As Jackie would say, BORE-ZO.

Catch up on previous Season 2 recaps here...
Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Episode 7
Episode 8

No comments:

Post a Comment