Saturday 10 January 2015

2015 :: A To-Do List

...because resolutions are lame.

Post more regularly! :: Because we should start with the most important task first, right? Seriously though, I really do want to get in the habit of sharing my ramblings more often. THE WORLD NEEDS TO KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT TAYLOR SWIFT. (And yes, that is in reference to a post coming soon. I can feel your anticipation from here...)

Finish pregnancy journal :: I began a journal when I found out I was pregnant, hoping to document my thoughts & feelings as I went along to be able to look back on in the future...of course, I ended up being so distracted by the whole process of, y'know, growing a teeny human that it fell by the wayside. HOWEVER - I would like to finish it anyway, just so I don't forget things as time goes by. Which leads me to...

Fill out Liv's baby books :: Seriously, I have 2 of these things, NEITHER OF WHICH HAVE BEEN WRITTEN IN YET. As she hits her milestones, I note them in my phone calendar so as to not forget the date. Hopeless. Speaking of phones...

Back up phone on a regular basis :: Every six months is not acceptable. Especially when almost every photo of your daughter is stored on it. Also: this means mother will yell at you less. Win win. And on the topic of photos...

Learn how to use SLR camera :: Seriously, I have no idea how this thing works. I was adamant that my baby's photos weren't going to be taken on an iPhone, and yet, here we are. I just can't work it out though. I WILL conquer you this year, Nikon. You are my Everest. 

Organize magazine subscriptions for foreign titles :: Because our local Newsagency is hopeless and the possibility of missing issues gives me anxiety. I'm still seething over their failure to stock the September issues this year. SEETHING.  

Practice yoga on a regular basis :: Recently, I fell down an Instagram rabbit hole, and came across Kerri Verna & Kino MacGregor, otherwise known as @beachyogagirl and @kinoyoga. They are a pair of fabulous Floridians, who share, amongst your usual yogic inspiration, a monthly yoga challenge. Kerri shows how to perform the moves for beginners, while Kino handles advanced positions. Let me just say...What these women can do with their bodies...oh my God. I've lost a lot of my flexibility since being pregnant and it's been bothering me quite a lot lately, so I think getting into yoga will be a great way to gain it back. Onto a related item...

Successfully execute a head- and/or handstand :: I have NEVER been able to pull one off without the assist of a wall (or a spotter).
 
Complete Granny Squares blanket for Liv :: I completed the first of her crochet blankets when she was almost 3 months old, started the second, remembered how tedious it is to make granny squares, and the project has slowed considerably since then. SO MANY ENDS TO SEW IN. Also...

Crochet blanket for grandmother :: Because she asked for one years ago, and I'm her favourite, and she deserves it. 

Set up mamamedia Instagram account :: This isn't particularly difficult, I'm just yet to get around to it for some reason.

Have at least ONE WEEK at home where you cook dinner every night :: This is big. I have discussed my hatred for cooking here before, and this is an event yet to occur in our household. I would also score major brownie points with the husband. Again - win win. 

Catch up on podcasts :: Back when I was at an office every day, the thing that got me through those long, painful days was my podcasts. TOFOP/FOFOP/Walking The Room in particular. Since becoming a super smug SAHM, I've fallen woefully behind on episodes. I've decided to start with TOFOP from the very beginning and am currently documenting this journey on my Twitter account - follow me @mamamedia_au - using the hashtag #summeroftofop. Follow along if you enjoy Batman references and quotes that are indecipherable out of context. BLATANT PLUG OVER. 

So, that's my list so far. I'll check in periodically to see how I'm going, and possibly to add new things in along the way. 

So - what's on your list? 

No comments:

Post a Comment