Wednesday 15 April 2015

Highlights from Episode 6 of Real Housewives of Melbourne

Still catching up on my recaps, obviously. Forgive me, darlings.  

:: We start off at the AFL Grand Final - Sydney Swans v Hawthorn Hawks...or HAWFORN as Gamble would say. 

:: "That's my fashion." - Lydia's explanation for wearing red & white despite backing Hawthorn. I don't blame her, few people can pull off brown & mustard. 

:: FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND HOLY CAN WE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STOP WITH THIS BARBIE NAME BULLSHIT. I refuse to comment on this inanity further. 

:: "I'm getting really tired of the Gamble & Janet saga." - You and me both, TeensyB. You and me both. 

:: Chyka's house is so freaking gorgeous, it actually makes me hate her a little bit. 


:: "Instead of shaking his ding dong in front of someone, he can shake his butt! That's classy! Of course you can have a hens night without strippers, but why would you?" - Jackie on Gamble's hens plans. There's a part of me that would love to party with Mrs Gillies. 

:: And we're in Sydney!! I find it odd that they're staying at the Sheraton though...I don't consider it one of our ritzier hotels, but oh well. 

:: I don't understand why TeensyBlossom is so offended at the suggestion of her googling Charles Billich. She mentioned doing her research, so...Sorry, did she hit the library?

:: We follow the ladies to the Billich Gallery in The Rocks - if you're ever visiting the gallery, I highly recommend the nearby Sailors Thai for dinner and Bar 100 for cocktails afterwards. 

:: "I was trying to engage Charlie in a conversation on Melbourne vs Sydney fashion" - The most tiresome rivalry of all time. OF ALL TIME. 

:: "I've known this young woman her whole life" - I feel like this statement has less gravitas when said by a sibling. Of course you've known them their whole life. You haven't really had a choice in the matter. 

:: And, as expected, the Gamble-Janet drama blows up AGAIN after Tempest defends her sister and Janet struts off into the night. GALLERY CAT IS JUDGING YOU ALL. 


:: Cameo appearance by one of my favourite local haunts, the Observer Hotel. Lovely staff, great beer garden & they normally have a decent pub band on the weekends. My mother in laws pick as well! THE OBSERVER: Recipient of the mamamedia MIL Seal Of Approval. 

What I would've given to be sitting outside the Ob at this moment...sigh.

:: "My outfit is a bit of class, a bit of fun, and lots of sophistication." - Umm...hmmm...I....BWAHAHA. Oh, Teensy. Never change. 


:: The ladies then hit Otto on the Woolloomooloo Finger Wharf for dinner. Another spot I recommend visiting if you're ever in our fair harbour city. The strip of restaurants is top notch, it has a beautiful view of the harbour (...and the Navy base) and if you're not in the mood for fine dining, then hit up Harry's Cafe de Wheels for the best hotdogs in town....or, as Laurina famously said on last years season of The Bachelor, a "dirty street pie." ANYWAY, back to dinner: The ladies make a pact to never mention the rumours drama ever again. Hahaha. Yeah, OK. We'll see.


NEXT TIME: Gamble does it doggie (show) style, Chyka gets hands on with some male strippers and the ladies hit Manila. God help the Philippines.

No comments:

Post a Comment